New Mexico air is dry and dry air can exacerbate sinus problems, it can cause nose bleeds, and it can encourage the spread of some viruses that cause respiratory illness. Humidified air can help reduce chapped lips, dry throat and nose bleeds due to to a dry sinus and dry skin. Dry air can cause respiratory problems and increased allergy symptoms for many people, especially in the winter. Which means you spend more money on solutions to treat the symptoms caused by the dry air.
Air Quality: Trane CleanEffects
Trane has always been an industry leader in home comfort. Now, we're setting a new standard for clean indoor air with the revolutionary Trane CleanEffects, the world's most effective whole-house air filtration system.
- Removal of up to 99.98% of particles and allergens from your filtered indoor air. It removes particles as small as .1 microns - 1/1,000th the diameter of a human hair - a size that eludes most air cleaners
- Industry-leading clean air delivery rate of 1,200
- Low operating costs, with no replacement filters to buy
- Cleaning indicators easily visible on the outside of the unit
- Easy to clean filters. Just vacuum or rinse once every 3 to 9 months (depending on usage)
- Easy installation
- Quiet operation
- Trane CleanEffects was designed to fall well below the 50 parts per billion (ppb) FDA voluntary emission limit for medical devices. Trane CleanEffects contributes a negligible amount of ozone - less than .3 ppb to the living space
- Typical ozone levels during the summer outdoors are at about 60 to 90 ppb, and indoor levels can vary greatly but are typically between 12 ppb to more than 80 ppb. Testing of Trane CleanEffects by third parties has shown there's no more ozone in a home installed with Trane CleanEffects than naturally occurs in the environment already
- Trane CleanEffects is the industry benchmark supported and verified by third parties who make it their business to know about clean air.
- Minimal pressure drop. Delivering more clean air by volume to your living space.
Whole House Humidifiers: Aprilaire
Aprilaire products provide total temperature control, proper humidity balance and cleaner, fresher air throughout your entire home, and all are designed to provide you with the ultimate in comfort, health, energy efficiency and protection of furnishings and equipment. Easily installed in existing or new heating and cooling systems, our whole-house solutions work invisibly, silently and automatically to treat all of the air in your home.
- Aprilaire whole-home products can treat every room of your home.
- Aprilaire whole-home solutions require infrequent cleaning and maintenance. Air cleaner filters require changing every 6 months to 2 years depending on the model and how often the unit is run. Humidifiers and dehumidifiers have no standing water and no buckets to clean or empty.
- Installed directly to your heating and cooling system, whole-home products are installed out-of-sight and away from living spaces working silently and automatically.
- Every Aprilaire central indoor air quality solution is designed with maximum energy efficiency in mind.
Whole House Humidifiers: Honeywell Truesteams
TrueSTEAM takes the best features from current steam humidifiers with their efficiency, performance and decreased water consumption, and combines it with the ease of installation, reliability and value of flow-through humidifiers. TrueSTEAM is different from others because it operates independent of equipment operation. And, with its near 1:1 humidification delivery rate, TrueSTEAM delivers the right amount of humidification to keep your customers satisfied.
- Honeywell's innovative TrueSTEAM humidifiers are now RedLINK-enabled
- Available in 6, 9 and 12 gallon models
- 1:1 humidification delivery rate - operates independent of HVAC equipment
- Mounts in minutes - requires only 1-3/4. cut into ductwork
- Application flexibility - can be remotely mounted up to 20 feet from system
- Uses up to 90% less water
- Communicates with the Wireless Outdoor Sensor to automatically control humidity to proper levels
- Add a Wireless Adapter to TrueSTEAM to communicate and control humidity from Prestige without running wires to the living space
- 5-Year Warranty
Duct cleaning is an important part of maintaining the quality of your ducted HVAC system. Indoor air pollution is now listed by the Environmental Protection Agency as the fourth greatest environmental threat to Americans. Airborne contaminants are pulled into your duct system every time the heater or air conditioner pumps air through it. These harmful contaminants will eventually build up inside your air duct system over a period of time.
Extend Equipment Life
9 out of 10 system failures are caused by dirt and dust. One of the functions of the fan, located inside of your air handler, is to keep the heat exchanger cool. Accumulated dirt and debris can reduce the CFM (cubic feet of air per minute) as much as 50%. This is the most common cause of cracks in heat exchangers. By having your system cleaned, you may prevent pre–mature breakdown and aging of your heating and cooling system.
According to the EPA, a build up of only .042 inches of dirt on a heating coil can result in a decrease of efficiency of 21%. A clean air conveyance system may help to increase efficiency and therefore may help to reduce heating and cooling costs.
Source removal duct cleaning can help to reduce household dust by removing the dust where it travels most - through you air duct system.